WPBakery Page Builder disappeared after WordPress 5 update? Install Classic Editor!
The WPBakery Page Builder is a bundled premium plugin and direct updates are not available without purchasing a separate license key. You can buy a license for WPBakery Page Builder via WPBakery. If you don't have a key, then you have to wait until we update WPBakery Page Builder on our side and push it to you.
In this case, the update will be available after updating the theme. You will see this message at the top of the dashboard:
Why theme license does not cover direct updates?
The theme license allows to use the plugin for free without any issues, however, if you want automatic updates and support from the plugin developer you need to purchase it separately (this is 100% optional). Here's a good article about bundled plugins: Bundled Plugins - Envato Market Help Center.
WPBakery Page Builder purchased as part of a theme:
- You can use it for free.
- Is updated when a new version of the theme is released.
- Is supported by us, under Item Support for the theme during your support period.
- No support from plugin author.
- No direct updates.
- No access to template library.
- Can't be used independently, with another theme.
Separately purchased WPBakery Page Builder:
- Come with their own individual license.
- Can be used independently, with any theme.
- Is supported by plugin author.
- Can be updated directly.
- Full access to template library.
- Costs money.